04 14 2022
- Dr Reix is professor of pediatrics since 2012, medical director of the cystic fibrosis pediatric center as well as the « rare lung disease in childhood » center in Lyon, France.
- He has been involved in the care of patients with cystic fibrosis, primary ciliary dyskinesia and rare lung diseases for several years.
- He has completed his PhD in 2004 working on « laryngal dynamics during central apnea in a preterm lamb model » under the supervision of Dr Jean Paul Praud in Sherbrooke (QC, CA).
- Since then, he has been participating in many multi centers clinical trials in CF and has been leading several academic research mainly in CF.
- His main focus of research interests are the validation of new outcomes measure for early lung disease monitoring, primary ciliary dyskinesia, neonatal lung disease and rare lung diseases.
- He is or has been actively involved in the French pediatric pulmonology community (vice president of the French Société de Pneumologie Pediatrique) as well as his involvement in the European Cystic Fibrosis Clinical Research network (ECFS CTN) since its kick off in 2012.
- He is working close from the CF French patient organisation « Vaincre la Mucoviscidose » and is the current president of the CF medical council which gathers patients, families and health care providers from all over the country.
- He has published more than 120 manuscript in peer review journals.