Giorgio Walter Canonica
Giorgio Walter is Professor of Respiratory Medicine at Humanitas University, Milan-Italy & Director Personalized Medicine Asthma & Allergy Center at Humanitas Research Hospital IRCCS-Milano Italy
Professor Canonica got his medical degree from the University of Genoa, Italy.
- specialised in Pulmonary Diseases in Genoa
- specialised in Allergy and Clinical Immunology at Florence University, Italy.
He subsequently conducted clinical immunology and allergology research at several European & US Universities and Institutes, such as the
- Biomedicum-Uppsala University Sweden
- MUSC-Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA.
Since returning to the University of Genoa in 1995, Professor Canonica has held a number of academic positions, including:
- Full Professor Internal Medicine
- Director of the Speciality School of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Full Professor of Pulmonary Medicine
- Director of the Specialty School of Pulmonary Diseases
- Chairman of the Department of Medical Specialties (University Hospital San Martino Genoa, Italy).
- Laurea Honoris Causa - Cluji Medical University -Romania
He has been serving as President international organizations as:
- President of WAO-World Allergy Organization
- President of Interasma-Global Asthma Association
- President of SIAAIC- Italian Society Allergy, Asthma & Clinical Immunology
- President of SIMER-Italian Society Respiratory Medicine
- ExCom Member of ARIA-Allergic Rhinitis and its Impact on Asthma
- Board Member of CIA- Collegium Internationale Allergologicum
- Board Member of GA²LEN – Global Allergy & Asthma Excellence Network
- VicePresident & President Elect 2022/24 of REG-Respiratory Effectiveness Group
- Chair of the EAACI Methodology Committee.
- International Advocate GINA-Global Asthma InitiAtive
- Member of the European Academy of Sciences
- Steering Committee Member of SANI-Severe Asthma Network Italy registry.
- GWC is Fellow of : ERS-ACAAI-AAAAI-EAACI
Topic of Research:
Asthma & Allergy: Mechanisms & Treatments, including Pharmacological treatments, Biologics and Allergen ImmunoTherapy in the context of Precision & Personalized Medicine
H index 118; Citations >72.000 ; Peer-Reviewed Papers >900